George the Giraffe Pattern
The pattern for this adorable amigurumi giraffe is now available over on Etsy!
This instantly downloadable PDF crochet pattern provides clear, easy to read instructions with guide photographs to make this cuddly giraffe! This pattern is written in English and uses UK crochet terminology. The pattern also includes a handy UK – US Crochet Terminology conversion chart!
- 1 x A4 sized Crochet Pattern PDF (9 pages) including clear instructions and photographs to make your own crochet giraffe.
- 1 x UK to US Crochet Terminology conversion chart
A preview of the first 3 pages of the PDF file that you will receive upon purchasing this pattern:
About this Pattern
- This amigururmi giraffe pattern is worked in several pieces (legs, body and head, muzzle, ears, horns and tail). All pieces, excluding the tail, are worked in the round.
- This project does not require a particular yarn weight – I have used lightweight yarn and a 2.5 mm crochet hook to create the giraffe pictured in this listing. Please refer to your yarn label to find the appropriate hook size for your chosen yarn.
- For this pattern you will need intermediate crochet and amigurumi skills, to be familiar with working in the round, working in the front and back loops (instructions provided!), and know how to read written crochet patterns.
- This pattern involves colour work and includes both written instructions and a colour chart (chart usage optional)
This pattern includes the following crochet techniques and stitches:
Working in the round, magic ring, chain, double crochet (UK), increase, invisible decrease (instructions provided), front loops only and back loops only, slip stitch, fasten off and colour work.
To make one giraffe, you will need the following materials:
* Yarn of your choice in:
* 2.5 mm hook (or hook size according to yarn label)
* Toy Stuffing of your choice
* Long-Stemmed Pins (for assembly)
* (Suggested) 6 mm Safety Eyes (or additional embroidery thread for eyes if preferred)
* Black Embroidery Thread
* Stitch Marker
* Large-eyed needle
* Blush (optional)
** This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not copy, share, translate or distribute this pattern. You may sell your finished snowmen baubles if you wish; credit to The Fuzzy Bee at www.thefuzzybee.co.uk would be appreciated! **