Birthday Cupcake Pattern
It’s my birthday, and, like many others at this time, I’m spending it in lockdown – so I decided to celebrate turning the grand old age of 31 by releasing this cute little birthday cupcake pattern in my store – now available over on Etsy!
This instantly downloadable PDF crochet pattern provides clear, easy to read instructions to make a cute birthday cupcake and candle, as pictured. This pattern is written in English and uses UK crochet terms 🇬.
This cute amigurumi cupcake crochet pattern is worked in the round, from the bottom of the case up.
This project does not require specific yarns – I would however recommend using yarn one weight up for your ‘icing’ colour (i.e. if you are using DK yarn for your main yarn weight, use Aran for the icing). Please refer to your yarn label to find the appropriate hook size for your chosen yarn.
For this pattern you will need basic to intermediate crochet skills, be familiar with working in the round, working in front loops and back loops, and know how to read written crochet patterns.
This pattern includes the following crochet terms:
– Magic Ring
– Double crochet (UK) (US Single Crochet – see my handy conversion chart for more information!)
– Invisible decrease (Instructions included in pattern)
– Front loops only
– Back loops only
– Slip stitch
To make one cupcake, you would need the following materials:
– Less than 50g of yarn in each of your chosen colours for the cake case, cake, icing, candle and flame
– 3 mm crochet hook, or a hook sized according to your yarn instructions
– Large-eyed needle
– Toy stuffing of your choice
– (Optional for stability) Cardboard disc cut to the size of the base of your cake case
– Stitch marker
A preview of the first 3 pages of the PDF file that you will receive upon purchasing this pattern:
** This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not copy, share, translate or distribute this pattern. You may sell your finished cupcakes if you wish; credit to The Fuzzy Bee at www.thefuzzybee.co.uk would be appreciated! **