UK vs US Crochet Terms Chart

Most crochet terms used in the UK and the US are the same, or very similar, such as ‘Yarn Over Hook’ (UK) and ‘Yarn Over’ (US) but there are a few key differences between some UK / US terms.

Crochet hooks are also sized and labeled slightly differently, I’ve included a guide below for the most common hook sizes.